As a business owner, it’s likely you’ve led your share of strategic planning sessions. Big ideas are generated, exciting plans are made. Yet, something happens along the way that causes a disconnect, and those amazing ideas never see the light of day.
In this episode of the Catapult Business Growth podcast, Brad Mishlove, founder & CEO of Catapult Groups, talks about the great divide between strategy and tactics. If you’ve ever been frustrated by the fact that your strategic plans never seem to come to fruition, this episode is for you.
We discuss what causes the gap between strategy and implementation, how fixing it is not a linear process for most businesses, and how to integrate your team into the planning process for better results.
After listening to this episode, you’ll have a better idea of how much time to devote to strategy versus execution and what the story of a blind football player can teach us all about working together as a cohesive team.
Questions we ask Brad:
- What steps can a business owner take to repair the disconnect between strategy and execution?
- What role does communication play in making sure a team is onboard with the company vision and knowing what’s expected of them?
- What steps should a business owner take after creating a strategic plan to make sure it doesn’t sit on a shelf?
What you’ll learn:
- How to close the gap between strategy and execution
- Why team input is crucial to generating a strategy that can be executed
- What Apple’s latest iPhone launch teaches us about brilliant execution
- How executives can improve their communication for better results
- The one thing you can do if you’re having trouble blending strategy with execution
Links to things we talked about and get in touch with Brad:
- The story of the blind football player at USC
- Get your Free Gap Analysis
- Connect with Brad on LinkedIn
- Follow Catapult Groups on Twitter
- Connect with Catapult Groups on Facebook
Did you like this conversation? We’d love for you to leave us a review on iTunes.
Want to read this episode? View the transcript here.